Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It fires from a 100 (96 in Killzone 2) round, helical drum and has a very high rate of fire. However, its accuracy leaves something to be desired due to the recoil of the 7.62 x 51 mm HSO cartridge, limiting accurate fire to very short bursts. The StA-3 also lacks iron sights, only providing a mediocre (and rather imprecise) "zoom" which further adds to its horrible accuracy at longer ranges.
It excels as a close range weapon, allowing for indiscriminate spraying, but is also effective at medium to long range in the hands of a skilled player (especially when crouched). It is similar to the ISA's M224-A1 LMG in function and in use. In Killzone 3 the guns' accuracy increases massively making it useful at medium/long range as well as close range.
It appears again in Killzone Mercenary, however, it features a bulky red dot sight scope similar to the one found in the StA-14 Rifle, which improves the accuracy zooming but the extra space may obstruct part of your vision.
- Magazine size: 100, 96 (Killzone 2/ 3), infinite (emplaced)
- Max Magazines 3
- Max Rounds: 300, 288 (Killzone 2/ 3), infinite (emplaced)
- Firing Rate: 16.3
- Magazine Reload Time: 3.73 sec
- First Appearance: Suljeva Village: Maintenance Office
|Single Player Campaign||Multiplayer Warzone|
|0 - 150||20||0 - 150||25|
- The StA-3 is partly based on the WWII German MG42 machine gun, most notably in the appearance of its air-cooled barrel. The MG-42 also has a detachable 120-round drum in reality, units with attached drum magazines are used as mobile light machineguns, again resembling the portable variant of the StA-3.
- Historically, the MG-42 is also used in massive quantities as emplacement guns which is reflected by the Helghast's penchant for mounting their StA-3's on walls and covers.
- Colonel Radec uses a modified LMG with higher power and accuracy during the final boss battle with him in Killzone 2.