The StA-14 Rifle has been used by Helghast Riflemen for over 50 years. Among the troops, it is considered an honor to carry this classic weapon into battle, and it is manufactured by Stahl Arms. It fires 7.62 x 51 mm high-speed, armor-piercing rounds and is very accurate, useful for picking off distant enemies (especially Helghast manning emplacements in the Campaign). Exceptions are the fact that there is no internal magazine and en bloc clip, it has a cylindrical magazine, just like virtually all Helghast weaponry.
As a note, sometimes ammunition for the StA14 can be quite rare, as it isn't the most common Helghan weapon.
In Killzone 3, the Stahl Corporation has modified all examples of the StA14 with a mid-range scope, making it more suitable for sniping and long-ranged shots. The weapon's stopping power also seems to have been increased, as in the single player campaign it now deals 4 times as much damage as an assault rifle, compared to only 2.5 times as much damage in Killzone 2.
- Zoom: Iron-sight
- Magazine size: 8
- Max Magazines: 5
- Max Rounds: 40
- Round Reload Time: 0.3 sec (This is the time it takes to chamber another round after a single shot)
- Magazine Reload Time: 3.6 sec
- First Appearance: Corinth River: Helghast Rifleman inside the floodgate, Stahl Arms Warehouse
|Single Player Campaign||Multiplayer Warzone|
|0 - 150||25||0 - 150||50|
- The VC32 Sniper Rifle from Killzone 2 is a heavily modified variant of the standard StA-14 Rifle.
- In Killzone 3, it is a trophy challenge to kill the Heavy Trooper in the junkyard with the StA-14 Rifle.
- This weapon appears to borrow design elements from many contemporary assault rifles and battle rifles, namely the barrel group of the Belgian FN FAL and the upper receiver/firing block of the M14 battle rifle, along with a "thumb-grip" stock resembles that of the Heckler& Koch SL-8, as well as an AR-15 style bolt-carrier visible through a hole in the receiver just behind the grip.
- ↑ 2014-05-01, Killzone Shadow Fall: The Insurgent Pack DLC lands tomorrow "PlayStation Blog.eu"