These towering hulks carry enough firepower to level a city several times over. Weapons onboard include the long-range missiles nicknamed 'Snow', capable of disintegrating entire enemy vessels in a few shots, M10 AA Guns, a prow-mounted bombardment laser for pinpoint ground strikes, and many other weapons. The cruisers also have 'dispersive armor' which can handle repeated hits from enemy ships, and even provide some defense against the heavy main cannon of the Helghast MAWLR.
In ship-to-ship combat, the ISA Cruisers completely outmatch Helghast Cruisers, with a single cruiser capable of destroying an entire Helghast battlegroup with a single missile barrage. Generally, the only effective means the Helghast have of engaging ISA Cruisers are boarding parties and ground-based orbital defense weapons.
Measuring 700 meters in height, each ISA Cruiser can hold a complement of 7500, including 5000 soldiers, 500 pilots, 1800 support crew, and 200 officers. Propelled by nuclear-powered beam thrusters that double as weapons, Cruisers provide the ISA with the persuasive force it requires to keep rebelling planets in line. In addition, it can store up to 160 Intruder-type landing craft and 30,000 metric tons of ammunition for the ship's main defense cannons .
Designing and constructing the Cruiser was a massive undertaking for the ISA engineers. These ships differ greatly from their UCN counterparts, as they can change their positioning in-flight from combat operations in space to acting as on-station support in atmospheric conditions. An automated deployment system allows the Cruisers to rapidly send Intruder troop transports to a planet's surface, ensuring total planetary containment.
- De Ruyter - Bearing the number 17. Participated in Operation Archangel.
- Denver - Bearing the number 14.
- St. Paul - Bearing the number 73.
- Solar Wind - Commandeered by then First Lieutenant Alex Grey.
- Bright Dawn - Destroyed in Operation Archangel.
- Cassandra - Contained the number 12. Re-purposed as a weapon-based research station. Sent directly into a sun by Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan.
- Compulsion - Commanded by Captain Mandaloniz. Destroyed by incoming debris from the Dauntless during the evacuation of Helghast.
- Dauntless - Commanded by Captain Donaggio. Destroyed during the evacuation of Helghast.
- New Sun - Flagship of Operation Archangel. Destroyed in Operation Archangel.
- Mora - Bearing the number 23. Participated in Operation Archangel.
- St. Nicolaas - Bearing the number 29. Participate in Operation Archangel.
- Zephyr - Destroyed in Operation Archangel.