ISA Cruisers are the most advanced ships in the ISA Navy Fleet and are manufactured by ISA Vekta Shipbuilding Division.
These towering hulks carry enough firepower to level a city several times over. Weapons onboard include the long-range missiles nicknamed 'Snow', capable of disintegrating entire enemy vessels in a few shots, M10 AA Guns , a prow-mounted bombardment laser for pinpoint ground strikes, and many other weapons. The cruisers also have 'dispersive armor' which can handle repeated hits from enemy ships, and even provide some defense against the heavy main cannon of the Helghast MAWLR.
In ship-to-ship combat, the ISA Cruisers completely outmatch Helghast Cruisers, with a single cruiser capable of destroying an entire Helghast battlegroup with a single missile barrage. Generally, the only effective means the Helghast have of engaging ISA Cruisers are boarding parties and ground-based orbital defense weapons.
Measuring 700 meters in height, each ISA Cruiser can hold a complement of 7500, including 5000 soldiers, 500 pilots, 1800 support crew, and 200 officers. Propelled by nuclear-powered beam thrusters that double as weapons, Cruisers provide the ISA with the persuasive force it requires to keep rebelling planets in line. In addition, it can store up to 160 Intruder-type landing craft and 30,000 metric tons of ammunition for the ship's main defense cannons .
Designing and constructing the Cruiser was a massive undertaking for the ISA engineers. These ships differ greatly from their UCN counterparts, as they can change their positioning in-flight from combat operations in space to acting as on-station support in atmospheric conditions. An automated deployment system allows the Cruisers to rapidly send Intruder troop transports to a planet's surface, ensuring total planetary containment.
Known ISA CruisersEdit
- ISA Arcturus (Status: Reached Orbit, likely returned to Vekta )
- ISA DE Ruyter ( Status contained a number 17 on the side of the ship )
- ISA Denver ( Status contained a number 14 on the side of the ship)
- ISA ST . Paul ( Status contianed a number 73 on the side of the ship )
- ISA Solar Wind ( status : Admiral Alex Grey was the First Lieutenant on board Solar Wind)
- Bright Dawn (Destroyed, Burned from stem to stern from enemy fire)
- ISC Cassandra (In Killzone Shadow fall status contained a number 12 on side and rear of the ship also used to test bioweapons & directed into the sun to be destroyed by Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan )
- Compulsion (Commanded by Captain Mandaloniz, destroyed during the evacuation and incoming debris from the Dauntless)
- Dauntless (Commanded by Captain Donaggio, Status: Destroyed)
- New Sun (Flagship of Operation Archangel, Status: Destroyed)
- ISA Mora (In Killzone 2 Status: contained a number 23 on the side of the ship)
- ISA St. Nicolaas (In Killzone shadow fall, Status: contained a number 29 on the side of the ship)
- Zephyr (Status: Destroyed)