The Archer is an armored ground assault vehicle capable of both anti-tank and anti-aircraft roles. As the main and only battle tank available to ISA forces present on Helghan, it quickly grew a reputation for its power against Helghast ground vehicles and infantry, and its ability to withstand multiple strikes from anti-tank weaponry. However, despite its weaponry, it proved unsuccessful against heavily-armored Helghast tanks,
The Archer features a modular turret configured with a 25 mm AA Cannon, multiple 70 rocket pods, and a fire-linked M224 MOMAG. It is typically used against enemy infantry units and lightly-armored vehicles, it could not effectively counter heavy ground vehicles, as it is a highly effective anti-personnel platform (ISA High Command expected no heavy combat vehicles like the Helghast Hover Tank, but fierce infantry resistance).
The Archer is quite maneuverable and relatively quick, making it very effective during urban incursions and open engagements. It can cover more ground thanks to the use of tracks instead of wheels, which limited the ISA Lancer on Vekta's more rugged terrain. Its also equipped with composite armor formed by multiple layers, composed of various sturdy alloys such as titanium, steel,and ceramics. Because of this, it is able to survive direct hits from Helghast anti-armor weaponry and the weapons of enemy armored vehicles.
The Archer's engine is a shaft 1200-horsepower turbine, capable of being powered by multiple varieties of fuel and even hydrogen.It possesses high-speed, giving it a governed top speed of 45 mph on paved roads, and 30 mph cross-country. Due to the reliability and modularity of its engine, it is able to withstancd very well the harsh and unforgiving terrain of Helghan.
turret mounted rocket pods
- Oddly, its design and combat performance seems to resemble an IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) as opposed to a tank, in that the ISA Archer doesn't have a high-explosive cannon as its main weapon, but uses a multiple-missile-launcher instead, which is what most modern-day IFVs use as their primary anti-tank weapon.
- It has less anti-tank firepower than the ISA Lancer.
- It resembles a mobile AA gun due to the four 25mm guns.
- It possesses an amphibious capability due to its water-tight body structure, similar to the ISA AAPC.
- Its design seems to be heavily influenced by the real-life U.S Military Bradley IFVs , further suggesting that its role is more similar to that of an IFV.