The Archer's engine is a shaft 1200-horsepower turbine, capable of being powered by multiple varieties of fuel and even hydrogen. It possesses high-speed, giving it a governed top speed of 45 mph on paved roads, and 30 mph cross-country. It can cover more ground thanks to the use of tracks instead of wheels, which limited the ISA Lancer on Vekta's more rugged terrain.
Its also equipped with composite armor formed by multiple layers, composed of various sturdy alloys such as titanium, steel, and ceramics. Because of this, it is able to survive direct hits from Helghast anti-armor weaponry and the weapons of enemy armored vehicles.
The Archer is an armored ground assault vehicle capable of both anti-tank and anti-aircraft roles. As the main and only battle tank available to ISA forces present on Helghan, it quickly grew a reputation for its power against Helghast ground vehicles and infantry, and its ability to withstand multiple strikes from anti-tank weaponry. However, despite its weaponry, it proved unsuccessful against heavily-armored Helghast tanks.
The Archer features the following weapons onboard:
- 1 Coaxialy mounted M224 MOMAG, a .50 Caliber machine gun to stop infantry.
- Turret mounted rocket pods to deal with heavily armored vehicles.
- 25mm AA Autocannons to counter enemy aircraft.
- Oddly, its design and combat performance seems to resemble an IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) as opposed to a tank, in that the ISA Archer doesn't have a high-explosive cannon as its main weapon, but uses a multiple-missile-launcher instead, which is what most modern-day IFVs use as their primary anti-tank weapon.
- It has less anti-tank firepower than the ISA Lancer.
- It resembles a mobile AA gun due to the four 25mm guns.
- It possesses an amphibious capability due to its water-tight body structure, similar to the ISA AAPC.
- Its design seems to be heavily influenced by the real-life U.S Military Bradley IFVs , further suggesting that its role is more similar to that of an IFV.